Saturday, November 7, 2020

Fr. Emmanuel Megwara, MSP - Homily for Saturday Week 31 Ordinary time - November 7, 2020

DATE : 7/11/2020, Saturday of the 31st Week in Ordinary Time (A) EVENT : Mass of the Weekday COLOUR : GREEN READINGS : Phil.4:10-19; Resp. Psalm 111:1-2,5-6,8-9; Luke 16:9-15. THEME: RELAX AND ENJOY THE MOMENT FOR LIFE IS TURN BY TURN Greetings beloved people of God. I welcome you to "My Catholic Homily Digest". I wish to reflect with us on the theme, " Relax and Enjoy the Moment for Life is Turn by Turn". Beloved, who amongst us would not like to have a good life? I doubt if there is anybody alive who has a phobia for riches, wealth, comfort, and enjoyment. But the stark realities of life have shown that not everyone has equal opportunity and access to the abundance resources that God has blessed us with. Put differently, I would say that every person can not have access to riches at the same time. For some who were born with silver spoons, riches came to them on time, for others who riches were thrust to them, enjoyment came to them at the middle of their lives, while for those who worked to achieve riches, enjoyment came to them at a later time in life. The last group of people are those who only hear about riches, enjoyment and comfort, but cannot have a taste of it. Beloved, in whatever category you belong, I want you to understand that life is turn by turn. So, when you are blessed with material riches, use it to win friends for yourself, to support the kingdom work for God, to support the ministers of God and to secure a place for yourself in heaven through charitable acts. To my fellow ministers of God: bishops, priests, pastors, prophets evangelists and especially missionaries, we must have an open approach to comfort and enjoyment just like St. Paul admonished in the first reading of today, "I have learnt to manage on whatever I have, I know how to be poor and I know how to be rich too. I have been through my initiation and now I am ready for anything anywhere: full stomach or empty stomach, poverty or plenty. There is nothing I cannot master with the help of the One who gives me strength" (Phil. 4:13). Child of God, as I speak to the ministers of God today, I also speak to you. Let us learn to cultivate a docile approach to riches. When it comes your way, enjoy it and give thanks to God. When we are also in lack and want, let us also give thanks to God. As a business man, give thanks to God on the days of huge sales and on the days of small sales. As a student, give thanks to God when you pass your exams very well and when you fail a few papers. Dear friends, life is always a mixture of sweet and bitter, happiness and sadness, full and empty, mourning and celebration, birth and death, coming and going. So, whatever phase of life you are experiencing at the moment, do not grieve or feel too comfortable. Rather, relax, savour and learn the much you can from it, for life is always turn by turn. I pray God to give us the insight to grasp this truism and the grace to make the best use of all opportunities that come to us at any phase of our life. God bless you. #End Sars, #End Political Oppression #End Bad Governance. Oh that today you would listen to his voice harden not your hearts (Ps.95:7-8) LET US PRAY : Lord Jesus, free me from greed and attachment to material things that I may be generous in using the gifts and resources you give me for your glory and for the good of my neighbour...Amen HAPPY WEEKEND BELOVED FRIENDS (BARKA DA ASABAR) @ Fada Emmanuel Nnamdi Megwara, MSP. ⛪

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fr. Emmanuel Megwara, MSP - Homily for Thursday Easter Week 6 - May 13, 2021- Ascension

DATE : 13/5/2021   EVENT : The Ascension of the Lord (Solemnity), Holy day of Obligation   COLOUR: White   READINGS : Acts 1:1-11;    ...