Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Fr. Emmanuel Megwara, MSP - Homily for Tuesday Week 31 Ordinary time - November 17, 2020

 

 DATE : 17/11/2020, Tuesday of the 33rd Week in Ordinary Time (A)

 EVENT : St. Elizabeth of Hungary, Religious (Memorial)

 COLOUR : WHITE

 READINGS : Rev.3:1-6.14-22; Resp. Psalm 115:2-4ab.5; Luke 19:1-10.

 

 THEME: DO NOT ALLOW YOUR FIRE TO DIE OUT COMPLETELY

 

    Greetings beloved people of God. I welcome you to "My Catholic Homily Digest". As we celebrate the memorial of St. Elizabeth of Hungary, I want to reflect with us on the theme " Do not Allow Your Fire to Die Out Completely". Beloved, when I was much younger, I had so many motivations, plans and aspirations. I was bursting with too much zeal and energy to make an impact to my world. I was aglow with the fire of the Holy Spirit, I was pure like the angels and my love for God and His Church surpassed that of all my friends. Just like me, I know many of us had similar childhood experiences that made us very hopeful and full of life. But wait a minute, can we still say the same thing about ourselves now?

 

     In the first reading of today taken from the Revelations given to St. John by the angel of God, we are reminded of our call to remain true to our initial motivations. Often times dear friends, the harsh conditions of life, the discouraging attitude of our friends and family, unanswered prayers, unfulfilled ambition and the frustrating collision between our internal zest and the sisyphean reality of life can put out our fire for life, for our dreams, and for God. This is the reason why many of us are depressed, frustrated and at the verge of giving up at our life's goal and even on God and His Church. Hear me, scripture say: Wake up; revive the little fire you have left: it is dying fast, do not allow it to die out completely.

 

      Child of God, I do not know what your childhood dreams and aspirations were, i do not know what went wrong that you were unable to fully become that which you envisioned for yourself, may be it is due to your own carelessness or your parents/guardian negligence. Maybe it is due to poverty, or the corrupt system of the Nigerian polity. Whatever be the case or reason, God is saying to you today, do not allow that your initial fire to die out, do not lose hope in God completely. If there is any spark of fire left in you beloved, please fan it to flame, and I pray that the good Lord will make it blaze very soon. God bless you.

 

#End Sars,

#End Political Oppression

#End Bad Governance

#End Hopelessness

      

   Oh that today you would listen to his voice harden not your hearts (Ps.95:7-8).

 

 LET US PRAY : Lord Jesus, help me by your grace, so that the fire of my initial motivations for life and love for you do not die out completely....Amen

 

@ Fada Emmanuel Nnamdi Megwara, MSP.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fr. Emmanuel Megwara, MSP - Homily for Thursday Easter Week 6 - May 13, 2021- Ascension

DATE : 13/5/2021   EVENT : The Ascension of the Lord (Solemnity), Holy day of Obligation   COLOUR: White   READINGS : Acts 1:1-11;    ...