Friday, November 13, 2020

Fr. Emmanuel Megwara, MSP - Homily for Friday Week 31 Ordinary time - November 13, 2020

DATE : 13/11/2020, Friday of the 32nd Week in Ordinary Time (A) EVENT : Mass of the weekday COLOUR : GREEN READINGS : 2John 1:4-9; Resp. Psalm 118:1-2,10-11,17,18; Luke 17:26-27. THEME: BE THE LOVE THAT YOU PREACH Greetings beloved people of God. I welcome you to "My Catholic Homily Digest". As I want to reflect with us on the theme " Be the Love that you Preach" Beloved, Often times, I feel reluctant to preach, but I still find a deep reason within me to continue. The reason why I feel reluctant to preach most times is because, almost everything that preachers say, are hardly put into practice by the congregation. So, it seems as if one ends up wasting time, preaching to a people made of hearts of stones. Child of God, in today's first reading, St. Paul tells us that the call to a life holiness, love and peace is not novel. It is what we have heard and already know about. The problem is that many of us have grown so used to the word of God that we now take it for granted and it means little or nothing to us anymore. Such, that when the kingdom of God will come, many of us will not be found doing what we know we are meant to do. I pray that God will grant us the grace to practice love, charity and kindness as we have often heard in homilies. God bless you #End Sars, #End Political Oppression #End Bad Governance. Oh that today you would listen to his voice harden not your hearts (Ps.95:7-8). LET US PRAY : Lord Jesus, grant me the grace to be a true Christian and to die at my post.....Amen HAPPY WEEKEND BELOVED @ Fada Emmanuel Nnamdi Megwara, MSP. ⛪

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fr. Emmanuel Megwara, MSP - Homily for Thursday Easter Week 6 - May 13, 2021- Ascension

DATE : 13/5/2021   EVENT : The Ascension of the Lord (Solemnity), Holy day of Obligation   COLOUR: White   READINGS : Acts 1:1-11;    ...